Frequently Asked Questions
BEFORE YOU BOOK:
Is an advanced booking necessary or can I book at the start of the tour?
You must book in advance. Please consult our Last-minute tours or call the office if you are interested in an upcoming tour.
How far in advance should I book?
Understand that we believe in small, personalized tours. Therefore, our tours are more likely to fill up quickly. We recommend booking 3-4 weeks in advance.
Do you have reduced rates for children?
Please consult the pricing section of the individual tour that you are interested in.
Is there a minimum number of participants?
Is your website secure to pay online?
Yes! We accept major credit cards and Paypal.
Is there a difference between the morning and afternoon tours?
Morning tours are for the early birds! The only difference in tours is the starting time; they all cover the same route and activities.
How do I contact your office?
The most efficient way to contact us is using the Inquiry form in the Customer Care section. We will respond within 36 hours. If it is an urgent matter, please call +39 3391851062.
Do you offer tours in other languages?
Yes. If you have any doubts, please contact us to check the availability of your preferred tour language.
What is the difference between private and group tours?
Group tours are filled with varying people who have all booked the tour on this date. It’s a great opportunity to swap stories and make new friends. Private tours are arranged for you and your party only.
Aren’t there lines at the monuments where we will have to wait?
There is no waiting with Italy Tours R US! We provide skip-the-line tickets that get you inside right away.
Can I book over the telephone?
Please book using our website.
Are there any special health requirements for your tours?
Italy Tours R US tours are open to all. Please use your own judgment regarding health or age capabilities corresponding with the individual tour activities. For food tours, please consult the tour page for what alternative dietary options are available.
Do you cater to wheelchair users?
Yes! Everybody should be able to enjoy Italy and our tours!
Do the tours operate on Christmas and Public Holidays?
We are closed on Christmas, New Years Eve, and Italian Religious holidays.
How can I make the payment for the tour?
You will be directed to our booking and payment page after selecting your tour(s). We accept cards and paypal.
Can I book multiple tours at once?
Of course! We recommend booking with us various tours that help you explore the different cities of Italy during your trip.
Am I paying in USD or Euro?
You can choose whether to look at the site in dollars or euros. They are set to correspond using the current exchange rate. This also means that price differences between the currencies are variable to change following a change in the world exchange rate.
I made a reservation but haven’t received a confirmation email/I sent an Inqury to firstname.lastname@example.org but have not received a response. How do I contact your office?
We apologize! Please call +39 3391851062 and we will attend to the matter immediately.
I have already booked my tour, can I review my confirmation and tour details online?
Your voucher and tour details will be sent to the email address that you provided at check-out.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
Italy Tour R US enforces a 72-hour refund policy. Cancellation requests must be communicated via email at email@example.com, or by phone at 39 3391851062 no less than 72 hours in advance of the tour in order to receive a refund. All cancellations will result in a Cancellation Fee of 5% per person. No refunds (full or partial) will be given for cancellations made within 72 hours of the start of the tour.
DAY OF THE TOUR:
Do I need to call before my tour to confirm?
No. Once you’ve booked online and have received a confirmation email, then you are in our system and reserved!
Is it necessary to bring the confirmation receipt with me?
Yes. Please bring a printed or electronic copy so we can confirm the services that you have booked.
Where do the tours meet?
Please check the specific tour page. At the designated meeting point, you will see our guide with an Italy Tours R US sign. Alternatively, you can arrange for a hotel pickup at an extra cost.
Is there a dress code for entering the churches included in the tours?
Please dress appropriately for all religious buildings in Italy: Knees and shoulders should always be covered as well as avoiding any obscene or offensive text.
When our Vatican tour is over, will we be able to visit St. Peter’s Basilica?
Definitely! Our Vatican Tours will provide you with a skip-the-line ticket and exclusive side entrance into the Basilica after the conclusion of the museum. From there, we will leave you to explore on your own.
Can I take a backpack into the museums?
Yes, but it will be checked by a security guard and put through an x-ray machine.
Do we need tickets?
No. Once you have booked with us, Italy Tours R US will arrange for all the tickets and entrance fees for the tour.
Is photography permitted?
You will be advised where it is permitted or not. Typically, due to the sensitivity of the artwork, flash photography is not allowed.
Is there a break during the tour and/or do we receive refreshments?
Unless specified in the tour description under What’s Included, the tour does not provide refreshments. To keep the tour on schedule and as respect for the other clients, we ask you to please arrive having already bought what you need. On the longer tours, we will provide a small break in the middle of the tour.
I have a small child, can I bring a stroller on the tour?
Can you give me directions to another location after the tour?
Our guides are extremely knowledgeable about the cities they live in. We invite you to ask them for recommendations on their favorite restaurants, the best supermarkets, or transportation options.
What if it rains?
Our tours continue rain-or-shine.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ITALY TOURS R US GETAWAY & WEDDING EXPERIENCES
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- RESERVATIONS Reservations for ITALY TOURS R US in collaboration with Outstanding Italia Custom Travel and Events, can be made on the ITALY TOURS R US website. All services are subject to availability at the time of booking. Book as early as possible in order to guarantee placement in the event of your choice. Reservations can only be confirmed upon receipt of deposits. If you wish to make any changes to a reservation after it has been confirmed, ITALY TOURS R US will make every effort to accommodate your wishes. In some cases an administrative charge or penalty for services cancellation may be applied.
- CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION To confirm your reservation, a deposit of 30% per person is required. Payment can be made via Paypal on our site. Final payment is due at least 45 days prior to arrival. Upon receipt of deposits, we will send a travel details indicating when final payment is due. Upon receipt of final payment, you will be sent final travel documents so as to reach you two (2) weeks prior to departure unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. For reservations made within 45 days of arrival, full payment is required at time of booking.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION Italy Tours R US will deliver by e mail all necessary travel documents and information to you approximately two (2) weeks prior to arrival unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- CUSTOM TRAVEL PRICES All prices listed for our Custom Travel and Events are shown in the currency identified and are per person, sharing double room based on double occupancy, unless otherwise stated. Supplement charges for single rooms and reductions for third bed are available upon request. Prices include sales tax and services detailed in the travel schedule. Prices are based on costs and exchange rates in effect at time of printing and are subject to change due to changes in exchange rates, government tax increases or other factors beyond our control. Outstanding Italia will inform you of any such changes 20 days prior to arrival. Should such prices increase by more than 10%, you will be entitled to a full refund at any time after a payment has been made, unless the price increase results from government taxation.
- UNUSED SERVICES No refunds, rainchecks or adjustments will be provided for unused vacation features or travel services.
- ACCOMMODATION AND SERVICES Italy Tours R US will make every effort to advise guests in time about ceasing or not working of extra features or facilities, but cannot be responsible if some of the extra features or facilities described in this literature cease to be available or are not working. Hotels may alter or curtail some facilities without notice, usually due to improvement or ongoing maintenance purposes. Use of recreation facilities and equipment is subject to availability.
- CANCELLATION CHARGES Notice of cancellation must be provided in writing to Italy Tours R US stating the reasons for cancellation. If cancellation by one or more members alters the room occupancy or activities of the remaining members, those members still travelling will be required to pay any revised accommodation of activity charges. In addition, penalties for cancellation by individuals within the group, or the group as a whole, will be charged as follows: a) Cancellation made 60 days or more prior to arrival, 15% of total price per person. b) Cancellation between 59 and 45 days prior to arrival, 25% of total price per person. c) Cancellation between 44 and 21 days prior to arrival, 50% of total price per person. d) Cancellation within 21 days of arrival, 100% of total price per person.
- RESPONSIBILITY Italy Tours R US (herein called the company) acts only as agents for the hotels, bus companies, railroads, golf clubs or owners or contractors providing accommodations, transportation or other services and all coupons, exchange orders, contracts and tickets issued by the Company are subject to any and all tariffs, terms and conditions under which any accommodations, transportation, or any other services whatsoever are provided by such hotels, bus companies, railroads, golf clubs or owners or contractors and, by the acceptance of such coupons, exchange orders, receipts, contracts and tickets, clients agree to the foregoing and also agree that neither the Company nor any of their affiliates shall be or become liable or responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person , property or otherwise in connection with any accommodations, transportation or other services or resulting directly or indirectly, from acts of God, dangers incident to the sea, fire, breakdown in machinery and equipment, acts of government or other authorities, de jure or de facto, wars, whether declared or not, hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, theft, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, delays or cancellations of or changes in itineraries or schedules or from causes beyond the Company’s control, or for any loss or damage resulting from improper or insufficient passports, visas, or other documents, and that neither the Company nor any of their affiliates shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expense or liability sustained or incurred by clients as a result of any of the foregoing causes.